Sitecore Marketing Skills
Hi, I’m Daniel – I’ve held positions in software development and marketing technology since 1997 and consider myself to be a senior software professional.
- Marketing Technology Stack Architecture
- User Experience (UX) and Component Design Strategy
- Sitecore Business Analysis and Product Roadmapping
- Agile Development and Sprint Planning
- SEO Best Practices and Technical Optimization
- Content Strategy and Inbound Marketing
- Sitecore Project Management, Costing and Timelines
- Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting $2M+
- Executive Buy-in and Stakeholder Education
The past five years, I’ve focused my career and skill sets on the Sitecore CMS platform. Sitecore is a leader in the Gartner “Magic Quadrant” for content management systems, and as a marketing leader, I’ve implemented my fair share of Sitecore projects.
“Expert” is a term I feel is thrown around a little too often, so I’ll speak to a few things I feel like I do really well and also really enjoy. My best skills are listed here.
Sitecore Marketing ExperienceHere's a bit more info about the Sitecore projects I've led over the past five years of my experience with the platform.
Major Sitecore Projects
Years of Experience
My Latest Marketing Technology Blog Posts
My path to Sitecore MVP and my new Sitecore feature idea. I am not a developer, but I do have skin in this game. I chose to own my experience platform.read more
Online ratings and reviews are complex so I wrote this post to help healthcare digital marketers explain reputation management for physicians and hospitals.read more
In late 2016, I decided to pursue my Sitecore Strategist MVP nomination. For my nomination, I came up with a new Sitecore module idea. Here’s how I did it.read more
Part Sitecore Marketing Pro, Part Family GuyFrom the techie side of me to my softer and creative sides, here's a bit more about what makes me, me.
The Sitecore Digital Professional
Builder of bridges, agile communicator and fervent business strategist, I am as diverse as the term “IT” itself. But I’m more than that, too. I very well may be the ideal mix of tech and talk, coming from a diverse background in information technology with roles leaning heavily on support and customer interaction. If you’re looking for a contributor that understands technology but can also relate to and communicate with c-suite leadership, I may be a perfect fit.
Starting with my tenure at Lightmaker, and since 2013, I’ve focused my career on the Sitecore CMS platform and have become a strong proponent and client of the powerful system. Most recently, my role at Orlando Health has me managing web strategy for a $2.4B healthcare system, centered on the Sitecore CMS platform.
Skills I’ve honed over the past 20 years include the following:
- Comprehensive, Large-Scale Digital Strategy
- Sitecore Project Management & Implementations
- Sitecore Roadmapping and Strategic Planning
- Usability Analysis & Audits
- e-Commerce & Landing Page Optimization
- Social Media Strategy & Execution
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practices
Father, Husband & Dude
Of course there’s more to me than just my professional life. Without writing a full biography, I would like to tell you a little bit about what has come to define me as a person.
- I love my boys.
- I love my wife (click here for the story of how we got engaged).
- I grew up in the Midwest (Iowa). The Midwest will always hold a place in my heart.
- I love to write.
- I’m an introvert. But I also like to talk.
- I was a foreign exchange student in Germany. I’m a bit rusty, but I can still speak and understand German.
- When I was a boy I wanted to be a diplomat and work for the State Department.
- I love to travel.
- I love photography.
- I love cake.
- I wrote a book on dating as a single parent.
- My mom passed away from cancer when I was 15.
- I have one younger sister.
- I own a Stingray Corvette (1973).
- My favorite meal of the day is breakfast.
- I’m an early riser.
- If I could only eat one dish for the rest of my life it would be spaghetti & meat sauce.
A Few Recent Projects
Let's Get Started
From high quality blogs and content, professional résumé design, custom photography, and social media consulting to Sitecore project consulting, marketing strategy and SEO audits, I assist businesses across the globe with their strategic marketing and software product development priorities. Use the contact form and let's talk about your needs.