Digital Marketing Skills & Years of Experience
Hi, I’m Daniel – I’ve held positions in software development and marketing technology since 1997 and consider myself to be a senior software professional.
The past three years, I’ve focused my career and skill sets on digital marketing strategy and operating as an overall digital SME as a Director of Digital Strategy at Orlando Health.
“Expert” is a term I feel is thrown around a little too often, so I’ll speak to a few things I feel like I do really well and also really enjoy. My best skills are listed here.
Content Management (CMS)
Scrum Agile Methods
User Experience (UX)
Marketing Technology Marketing ExperienceHere's a bit more info about the MarTech projects I've led over the past seven years of my experience with the discipline.
Major Sitecore Projects
Years of Experience
My Latest Marketing Technology Blog Posts
My path to Sitecore MVP and my new Sitecore feature idea. I am not a developer, but I do have skin in this game. I chose to own my experience platform.read more
Online ratings and reviews are complex so I wrote this post to help healthcare digital marketers explain reputation management for physicians and hospitals.read more
In late 2016, I decided to pursue my Sitecore Strategist MVP nomination. For my nomination, I came up with a new Sitecore module idea. Here’s how I did it.read more
Part Digital Marketing Pro, Part Family GuyFrom the techie side of me to my softer and creative sides, here's a bit more about what makes me, me.
The Digital Marketing Professional
Builder of bridges, agile communicator and fervent business strategist, I am as diverse as the term “IT” itself. But I’m more than that, too. I very well may be the ideal mix of tech and talk, coming from a diverse background in information technology with roles leaning heavily on support and customer interaction. If you’re looking for a contributor that understands technology but can also relate to and communicate with c-suite leadership, I may be a perfect fit.
Starting with my tenure at Lightmaker, and since 2013, I’ve focused my career on the intersections of Marketing and Technology.
Skills I’ve honed over the past 20 years include the following:
- Comprehensive, Large-Scale Digital Strategy
- Sitecore Project Management & Implementations
- Sitecore Roadmapping and Strategic Planning
- Usability Analysis & Audits
- e-Commerce & Landing Page Optimization
- Social Media Strategy & Execution
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Best Practices
Father, Husband & Dude
Of course there’s more to me than just my professional life. Without writing a full biography, I would like to tell you a little bit about what has come to define me as a person.
- I love my boys.
- I love my wife (click here for the story of how we got engaged).
- I grew up in the Midwest (Iowa). The Midwest will always hold a place in my heart.
- I love to write.
- I’m an introvert. But I also like to talk.
- I was a foreign exchange student in Germany. I’m a bit rusty, but I can still speak and understand German.
- When I was a boy I wanted to be a diplomat and work for the State Department.
- I love to travel.
- I love photography.
- I love cake.
- I wrote a book on dating as a single parent.
- My mom passed away from cancer when I was 15.
- I have one younger sister.
- I own a Stingray Corvette (1973).
- My favorite meal of the day is breakfast.
- I’m an early riser.
- If I could only eat one dish for the rest of my life it would be spaghetti & meat sauce.
Here are a Few Past Projects
You know what I love? I love chatting with like-minded professionals about almost everything related to marketing & technology (and especially where the two intersect). You know what I don't like? Alligators and people asking me to buy something from them.